Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pressing the Restart Button...

When I began this journey, I was keeping a journal; each night I would record how I did, how I felt, how many days had gone by and how many were left until my birthday.  It was exciting to see how far I was coming and to see how long I had left.  That worked for about 200 days.  Then I started to get freaked out...what if I didn't succeed?  what if I gained?  what if?  what if?  So, I did what any self-respecting person would do, I stopped journalling, stopped counting down the days, and stopped holding myself accountable.  Right now, this is simply about losing weight.  This is about finishing something that I started.  Will I make it to my goal?  I have absolutely no idea.  But, will I journal here in front of all of you, every single day?  Yes.  Will I turn 35 knowing that I tried, and failed, and wandered, and succeeded in this journey that will last me the rest of my life?  Hell yes! 
So, here I go.  286 days day; 79 to go.  Today I followed my program; and for those of you who really know me, it was Day 1 without a McD Diet Coke--there are a few other changes going on in our lives as well (damn you Dave Ramsey!).  More on that later...
So, until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! The fact that you are restarting means that you will succeed! Because if you fail one day and pick up again means that you WILL reach your goal. I know it! Yikes, no Diet Coke, huh? The Walmart off-brand diet cola is pretty good and cheap in 2-liters...

    Thanks for writing, call me when you need to, you are an inspiration! Peace!

    ReplyDelete