Friday, April 9, 2010

You Get All of Me...

They say, on those "how to write a blog" sites, to only focus on one aspect of your life. Pick one--if that doesn't work for you, try something else. I can't...I am who I am no matter where I am...and am about as corherent as that last statement. The girl you get in the pulpit is the same girl who yells at her children--actually I've been known to yell at my children from the pulpit. I write my sermons with my kids bouncing on the bed next to me, and I relate my failures with weight loss to anyone who will listen--hence the blog, where I just make up people who are listening. There's no letting go of my work at 5:00pm, and there's no ignoring my baby just because I'm leading worship--so, in this place you'll get it all: musings about parenthood, the lastest gossip about the church basement, and the never-ending complaints about the 70 pounds which like my ass a whole lot. So welcome to the Rocky Mountains (as my flatlander Kansas husband calls me)....this is going to be one hell of a year.

1 comment:

  1. I like the fact that you yell at your kids from the pulpit! That is so classic as a mom!!

    ReplyDelete