Thursday, April 22, 2010

When I grow up...

When I grow up:
  1. I'm going to stop trying to impress people.
  2. I'm going to stop trying to be clever and witty while trying to impress them.
  3. I'm going to stop thinking that I'm not good enough and so I need to be clever and witty to impress people who honestly are probably just trying to be clever and witty themselves.
  4. I'm going to love this person that God created me to be.
  5. I'm going to not feel guilty for leaving my children while I'm working.
  6. I'm going to not feel guilty for being with my children and neglecting my work.
  7. I'm going to lose the word guilt from my vocabulary.
  8. I'm going to stop trying to use guilt to make my husband, my children, my mom, my congregation to do what I want them to do.
  9. I'm going sit down and not think I should be doing laundry.
  10. I'm going to sit down and not think for an entire two minutes.
  11. I'm going to stop thinking that the world should revolve around what I want and complain when I don't get it.
  12. I'm going to stop complaining....
Damn, this growing up thing looks kind of difficult. Maybe I should just be content exactly where I am...

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Sarah,
    I can relate to so many of the things on your list. I'm thinking that I should print it and post it on my desk at home.
    Thank you for sharing...I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete