Saturday, February 5, 2011

To Birthday or Not To Birthday...

     You all know when I began this journey 300 some odd days ago, the plan was to be at my goal weight for my birthday.  I was going to have a big party to celebrate and congratulate myself on a really great year.  But, you all also know that I'm not to said weight...in fact, it' been a pretty crappy couple of weeks...anyways...here's the dilemma:  do I still have my party?  Now, the self-defeating part of me says that I really don't deserve a big party; I didn't do what I set out to accomplish (ie. failed) and couldn't celebrate anyway.  Now...another (much quieter) part of me says that's ridiculous, and to have the party anyway.  Then there's the other part (the third half of me), says that maybe I should wait and use a party as an incentive and have a "meet my goal weight party instead."  But then that fourth part says if I have a 'meet my goal weight party' I won't get any presents!  So, what am I supposed to do?  All these parts make sense to me at different times of the day...so, dear friends, what party would you come to?  I don't want to make a decision and will do the will of the people :) 

4 comments:

  1. If I was closer in distance I would party twice with you!! Birthday and New-You!! Both are wonderful reasons to celebrate with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday is always a reason to celebrate! Who cares what you weigh - you can celebrate the wonderfulness of you! We want a chance to do that. And anyway, you look so great you can still do a what-not-to-wear-style makeover and entrance. Then when you get to your goal in 6 months or a year or two years, you'll have another party. You're more likely to keep it off if you lose it slowly anyway. So please take a deep breath, listen to that quiet voice (God voice?) and PAR-TAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a party. Living your life shouldn't wait for a number on the scale. You are healthier and stronger than you were a year ago. That's MORE than enough reason to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know when your birthday is, but throw a "3/4" Party celebrating the fact you have lost quite a bit of weight already. What you have already accomplished is nothing to shake a stick at, and many only wish they would have gotten as far as you already. Celebrate the journey, and inspire yourself to keep moving forward to reach your goal. (P.S. As someone who worked and lost 40lbs to get healthier and feels 100% better for it, don't get discouraged. Keep your eyes on the prize, and enjoy just a smidge of icing in the process.)

    ReplyDelete